The morning session will provide a brief overview of SCD resources on the web, including the Strathspey server and mailing list, and explore upcoming trends in online publication of music and dance instructions such as e-books, with ample time for Q&A and discussion.
The afternoon will concentrate on the features and use of the Strathspey SCD Database, and will cover topics such as the following:
- Overview of the various types of data held in the database and their relationships
- Searching for dances, recordings, and other data
- Use of “dance lists” for lesson planning and programme creation (among others)
- Use of “collections” to catalogue publication/dance and album/recording libraries
- Including programmes from the database in your own web pages – with cribs, diagrams, and videos
- How the database project works, and how you can contribute!
- Future plans and directions
This will be a great introduction for those who haven’t tried the database before, and those who have should bring along their questions and suggestions!
Those attending are invited to bring their own computers.