Book 50 classes – Sept-Oct 2016

Below is a list of all the Book 50 classes I have been told about so far (in chronological order of first class).

There are two Book 50 workshops this Sunday, 4 September, another on Monday 5 September, with several more later in the month and in October.

Taunton Caledonian Society has a workshop at Crowcombe Village Hall, TA4 4AQ, 10 miles from Taunton, from 10.30 to 4.30 on 4 September.  For further details, please see the attachment or visit their website:  www.tauntoncaledonian.org.uk.

The Sunday Class Book 50 sessions are:  4 September at Eastwell Village Hall (LE14 4EH) 4.30 – 7.30 and 25 September  at Castle Bytham Village Hall (NG33 4RG) also 4.30 – 7.30.  All dancers are welcome, £3 per session (plus something for the tea table!) and we will cover roughly 75% of the dances in the first session, then the remaining 25% plus those more difficult from the first session, in the second session. For further information about The Sunday Class please visit the website: www.thesundayclass.org.uk.

BHS Border Branch is having two classes devoted to Book 50 on 5 and 19 September as part of their technique class.  Details are on their website: http://rscds-bhs.org.uk/index.html.


Mervyn is also giving two classes on Book 50, on Mondays 12 & 26 September, from 14.00 – 16.00 at St Catherine’s Church Hall, 44 Beach Road, Littlehampton BN17 5JH.  Cost £3, ample parking on site.  Please bring a drink.  Details from Mervyn Short (01903 782413, 07713 148192 or mervynshort@googlemail.com).  Berkhamsted Strathspey and Reel Club is holding two classes on Monday 26 September and Monday 31 October at Potten End Village Hall, Potten End, Berkhamsted, Herts, HP4 2QG, both taught by Jane Rose and with music by Ian Robertson.  Cost £4 per dancer. 
The Winchester Branch is holding a Book 50 workshop on 1 October at St Peter’s School Hall, Oliver’s Battery Road North, Winchester, Hampshire, SO22 4JB.  More details to follow later.